Father of California killing spree victim meets with father of killer
Two grieving fathers, one of a victim and another of the killer, recently held a meeting to plan to work together to do something to prevent frequent killing sprees, like the recent one that left six people dead and many others injured in Santa Barbara, California.
Killer Elliot Rodger's father, Peter Rodger, met with Richard Martinez, who lost his 20-year-old son Christopher in the deadly rampage that junior Rodger launched in the final week of last month through the college town of Isla Vista.
The meeting was held in private, and media was not allowed to capture the event. However, Martinez confirmed the meeting and said that he wanted to work with Peter Rodger so that other families would not suffer as their families had to.
After the meeting, Martinez said, "I have met with Peter Rodger and we plan to work together so other families such as ours will not suffer as ours have. This was a private conversation between grieving fathers who've reached common ground."
Martinez's son, a junior at the University of California, was gunned down by junior Rodger inside a deli on campus the night of the rampage. Martinez has been an open critic of the country's gun laws.
Around a week ago, 22-year-old Rodger fatally stabbed three men in his own apartment, of which two died at the spot. Then he killed three young women and shot 20-year-old son Christopher on the campus. He left a 137-page manifesto behind, in which he stated that he wanted to destroy everything that he loved very much but could not attain.
The overall ‘asthma epidemic’ among children has...Read More
People in huge numbers gathered in the Mount Lofty...Read More
As New Year is approaching, people have already...Read More
Alzheimer’s disease, the commonest cause of...Read More
Cases of opioid abuse have been increasing and...Read More
In an announcement made on December 22, cable giant...Read More