Audi: VW’s diesel emissions scandal will not diminish Audi sales in US
In conversation with reporters at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Wednesday, Audi of America President Scott Keogh said that the sales of the Audi brand in the US will not witness a decline due to the Volkswagen (VW) diesel emissions scandal.
The emissions scandal first broke September 18, 2015, when the US Environment Protection Agency (EPA) revealed that bigwig German automaker VW has been using so-called ‘defeat device’ software in hundreds of thousands of its diesel vehicles, to trick emissions tests in the US.
VW has been grappling with the emissions-rigging scandal ever since the disclosure by the EPA. However, Keogh said that the scandal will not affect the US sales of one of VW’s renowned Audi luxury brand, even though some Audi models were also among the diesel vehicles hit by the scandal.
According to Audi’s US sales statistics, the sales of the Audi brand in the country in recent months have sustained the record levels that were achieved in the same months in the past few years.
Against the backdrop of the fact that the Audi brand’s US sales in November and December 2014 stood at 36,000 units, Keogh – projecting the brand’s undiminished sales in the corresponding months this year – said: "We'll have a record November and a record December."
- 81% Hotel Occupancy Decline in India while Singapore manages with just 29.2%
- Prakash Gaba: BUY HDFC, HCL Technologies, Godrej Consumer and UltraTech Cement
- Ashwani Gujral: BUY Hero MotoCorp, Maruti and HDFC; SELL JSW Steel and SBI
- Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands, Resorts World Sentosa casinos to remain closed beyond June 1
- Mitesh Thakkar: BUY Cipla, Balkrishna Industries, ACC; SELL M&M Finance
- Okada Manila Casino Resort to lay off more than 1,000 workers amid continuing COVID-19 lockdown
- Dubai Expo Moved to October 2021
- Dubai Faces Major Economic Trouble due to COVID-19 Lockdowns
- California Governor Gavin Newsom asks casinos to reconsider reopening plans
- Emirates announces more Special Flights
Organic Market Europe
Arca Space Corporation has launched an actual...Read More
New ads for Louis Vuitton's ‘Series 4’ line feature...Read More
A team of geneticists from Trinity College Dublin...Read More
Marine wildlife researchers claimed to have...Read More
The overall ‘asthma epidemic’ among children has...Read More
People in huge numbers gathered in the Mount Lofty...Read More