Research shows eating chocolate is good for heart

Research shows eating chocolate is good for heart

A new research has supported tentative evidence that eating chocolate in modest quantities may be good for the heart.

At some stage, 3,013, i. e. 14% of the participants, suffered either fatal or non-fatal coronary heart disease or stroke. It was found by the researchers that those who ate chocolate compared to those who didn't had an 11% lower risk of cardiovascular disease and a 25% lower risk of associated death.

In a statement, researchers said that this was an observational study, therefore ultimate conclusions regarding cause and effect were not produced and it was not possible to explain results on the basis of the fact that people who have a higher heart disease risk eat less chocolate. There were 157,809 people in the combined group.

This study came up with stronger results. It was found that those who ate more chocolate were also 45% less likely to die from heart attack, heart disease or stroke. However, the findings of the study may not be applicable to those who have specific health conditions, children and young adults.

According to Dr. Mark Urman, a preventive cardiologist at Cedars-Sinai Heart Institute in Los Angeles, the findings supports evidence that chocolate is good for heart.

According to study coauthor Phyo Myint, MD, a professor of aging medicine at the University of Aberdeen in the UK, "The main message is that eating chocolate in moderation does not seem to harm your cardiovascular health at the general population level".

Popular Stories

Overall childhood ‘asthma epidemic’ levels off in U.S.

The overall ‘asthma epidemic’ among children has... Read More

‘UC Quits’ Working to Help California Smokers Get Rid Of Smoking

As New Year is approaching, people have already... Read More

Scientists begin Stem Cell research to find cure for Alzheimer’s

Alzheimer’s disease, the commonest cause of... Read More

New House Bill to Restrict First-Time Opioid Prescriptions

Cases of opioid abuse have been increasing and... Read More

Comcast installs DOCSIS 3.1 modem on customer-facing network in Philadelphia

In an announcement made on December 22, cable giant... Read More