Miami Woman sent texts to Boyfriend Minutes before Crashing into Moving Truck
A message that read “Driving drunk woo” was sent by a Miami woman to her boyfriend minutes before she crashed into a truck. Mila Dago, then 22, managed to escape death in the accident that happened on August 14, 2013, but the ill-fated 22-year-old passenger, Irina Reinoso, died in the accident.
Dago's text messages came into picture on Thursday as new evidence was released by prosecutors in the DUI manslaughter case against her.
Dago was said to be in the midst of break up with her boyfriend. Another message she sent to her boyfriend before the accident was “I'll be dead thanks to you"”. Dago was driving a rented Smart Car and beat a red light at 4.44am and crashed into a moving truck on August 14, 2013.
Reinoso died at the spot and the two had only been friends for two months. Dago was arrested in January 2014 and has been out on bail since.
It was learnt from blood tests that Dago's blood alcohol level was .178 nearly two hours after she crashed into the truck. The alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.
Dago has been facing charges of DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and two counts of DUI with damage to a person, but she has pleaded not guilty to all of them.
- 81% Hotel Occupancy Decline in India while Singapore manages with just 29.2%
- Prakash Gaba: BUY HDFC, HCL Technologies, Godrej Consumer and UltraTech Cement
- Ashwani Gujral: BUY Hero MotoCorp, Maruti and HDFC; SELL JSW Steel and SBI
- Singapore’s Marina Bay Sands, Resorts World Sentosa casinos to remain closed beyond June 1
- Mitesh Thakkar: BUY Cipla, Balkrishna Industries, ACC; SELL M&M Finance
- Okada Manila Casino Resort to lay off more than 1,000 workers amid continuing COVID-19 lockdown
- Dubai Expo Moved to October 2021
- Dubai Faces Major Economic Trouble due to COVID-19 Lockdowns
- California Governor Gavin Newsom asks casinos to reconsider reopening plans
- Emirates announces more Special Flights
Organic Market Europe
Arca Space Corporation has launched an actual...Read More
New ads for Louis Vuitton's ‘Series 4’ line feature...Read More
A team of geneticists from Trinity College Dublin...Read More
Marine wildlife researchers claimed to have...Read More
The overall ‘asthma epidemic’ among children has...Read More
People in huge numbers gathered in the Mount Lofty...Read More